The hospice movement in the UK is one of the greatest innovations of the twentieth century and it has always been led by true pioneers with a vision to revolutionise the way people are cared for at the end of their lives. Whether you want to support our core programme of work or fund a specific project, we can help you to make a real difference for hospice care across the UK.
How you can make a difference
At Hospice UK we work to carry on their legacy by bringing about the change that is needed today so that everyone can have the very best care and support at the end of life – including the 250,000 people who die in hospital, every year, many without need or wish to be there.
By donating a major gift to Hospice UK, you will join a network of visionaries at the forefront of this campaign for change. Whether you want to support our core programme of work or fund a specific project, we can help you to make a real difference for hospice care across the UK.
Your gift could support projects like:
- Hospice IQ, an online platform for hospice care staff to come together to share resources and policies, as well as being a place for professionals to discuss their concerns and support each other.
- Our research projects which aim to drive innovation in hospice care with publications and guidance materials on issues such as rehabilitation in end of life care and better caring for patients with dementia in hospices.
- A new programme looking to invest in models of co-operation between hospices and other care organisations, such as care homes, to ensure that more people can leave hospital towards the end of their life and spend their last days in comfort in the place of their choice.
- A comprehensive new project around supporting the more than 1,000,000 people in the UK caring for a family member who has a terminal illness, helping them to feel more confident in their caring roles as well as ensuring they have respite from their responsibilities to pursue their own opportunities.
- Our work on Widening Access to hospice care so that all people in the community, regardless of which illness they are suffering from or their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or economic situation, can get the specialist end of life care they need.
If you're interested in working with Hospice UK as a corporate partner, we'd love to hear from you.