Birthday, Wedding and In Celebration Fundraisers
Celebrations - from birthdays, weddings, retirements, anniversaries or weddings - are a fun and easy way to raise vital funds for Hospice UK and ensure everyone can access the hospice care that they need, when they need it.
You can set up your fundraising page via:
Facebook Fundraisers are super easy to set up:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click on 'Fundraisers' in the left-hand menu of your main news feed
- Click 'Select Charity' and then search for and select 'Hospice UK'
- Decide on a fundraising target and timeframe for your fundraiser
- Give your fundraiser a title, such as "Catherine's birthday fundraiser for Hospice UK!"
- Tell your friends and family why you've chosen to support us (see the suggested wording below)
- Lastly, click 'Create' and invite all your friends and family to donate!
Remember, don't be afraid to share your fundraiser frequently with your friends and family - you are giving them the opportunity to contribute to a cause important to you. Make sure you also thank people when they donate - you are the reason they are very kindly supporting our work.
Lastly, we would like to thank you for setting up your fundraiser, but Facebook doesn't provide us with your details. Please let us know you've set one up here, and we will be in touch shortly.
"For my birthday / wedding / anniversary this year, I'm asking for donations to Hospice UK. I hope you will consider celebrating my special day with me by giving.
Hospice UK is the national charity for hospice and palliative care, supporting over 200 hospices throughout the UK that provide care to over 225,000 patients and their families every year. They believe that everyone, no matter who are, where they are or why they are ill, should receive the best possible care at the end of their life.
By donating you are helping to ensure that end of life care is there for everyone that needs it now and in the future. Thank you for your support!"